Auto pick-up everything

Suggestion: new currency called “Dignity”; auto-pickup everything except currency.

Edit: yes, i mean gold also

1 Like

But, what would you spend your dignity on? Could you loose it?

Oh the places we can go with this concept. Don’t worry, I know the way to HR, one more “meeting” and I get a free cup of coffee tea.

You lose some every time you die, but you cannot go negative. You either have dignity or you don’t and some have more than others.

I would spend it on gacha mechanics. We need gacha mechanics.

Pretty sure it can go negative…

1 Like

You forgot about mix-max normalization. Pretty sure that is 0 to 1. So no, you do not have any dignity being a Llama in the first place.

1 Like

You’re thinking of Shame. Thats the DLC currency

1 Like

Are you serious? No intention?

Let the dev team be reminded - you already (basically) implemented the requested feature on controller.

Why not (at the very least) just give us the ability to assign a key that picks up everything around the player (just like how it works on controller)?

In the games current state, I literally spend a good 5 seconds or so, clicking around the stuff before I actually pick it up. The buttons are so small.

The lack of a pick up button, combined with your response to the players, is infuriating. Please, re-evalute.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

No. There are enough auto play games out there already.

2 Likes

I think the AoE loot shards is good enough, I know a lot of people have probably played GD and used the button to loot stuff that is under your character but i dont think LE will add something like that, would be nice as long as it doesnt make you auto path to items and you walk to them first with a click.

In my opinion it all boils down to the more global drop/vendor/crafting system. Habits from other games don’t necessarily apply to LE (for example, going to town to sell items is a great idea in many games, a really bad one here).

In Undecember, I am very happy to have auto-pickup of everything, because I want to pick up everything anyway for crafting materials and I have the inventory space to easily collect 100% of 2-3 maps loot before running to town (even without filters).

In Last Epoch, very, very few items are worth picking up, even for crafting purposes. Selling is pointless. The inventory is small. If I go back to town, the zone respawns. Even with a strong filter, my inventory would get cluttered super fast and I would waste more time sorting it out than if I just check the items on the ground.

Conclusion, I think that not only LE doesn’t need autoloot, having it would actually be detrimental.

This doesn’t apply to shards, these should absolutely be auto-picked up, never could understand why they aren’t.

1 Like

bots would be happy

Yes, we have no intention of setting up a system where you make a list of what you want and if it ever drops the game auto puts it in your inventory and you never have to pick up anything ever again.

6 Likes

I am totally up for this. It’s really a pain and takes away from the gameplay when you have to stop what you’re doing and click half a dozen times or more just to try and pick up 2 items because the click boxes are wonky at times. I would be happy just to be able to hit a button that will pick up items if I am close enough to it. There have been times when I have had to click on a single item 5 times before picking it up by hitting some magical invisible corner of the item box.

And for those that are calling out “Autoplay” maybe chill just a tad? No one here is remotely asking for anything like that. The game pretty much already does actual auto loot for crafting mats by clicking just one of them so why it’s such a big deal for gear is beyond me. Heck, I’d be happy with the same system, just click one gear and it picks up all of it. At least that way if there are a few items on the ground my chances are better at getting lucky and hitting one of them just right.

As for the response from EHG, that really does come off as a tad out of touch. Is LE a pet project or a commercial product? If it’s just a pet project that your team is only making for your own enjoyment then by all means, do whatever makes you happy. If you’re actually looking to compete in a genre that is starting to get fuller by the moment I would suggest maybe opening up your horizons a little bit more if your customers are starting to ask for the same thing more often, especially since this is being found in other games more as a quality of life feature.

I think a reasonable compromise is appropriate here: automatic pick up of gold, runes, and all crafting materials. In a large radius. And leave things as they are.

1 Like

What about non-rare runes and glyphs and shards? This stuff is essentially currency and it all gets picked up anyway. Have it be an option that is off by default and turned on in the options.

You’d still have to click the ascendance and despair etc…but the rest should be picked up when you walk over it. Unlike most other items, there isn’t a decision whether it can be useful like there is with gear…it is simply useful.

Gold is already auto pickup and shards/glyphs/runes are AoE manual pickup.

Also auto picked up loot should automatically store itself in the crafting inventory if you have auto pickups enabled for runes/glyphs/shards.

Hell no ^^

Just add a Rule for the Loot filter for Autopickup and everyone would be Happy because Ppl can choose IF they want it, or not^^
Then no one is forced to use it.

Can we get a “pick up everything near me” button? It exists when using a controller essentially. All you do is just mash “x” on the Playstation controller and your character gobbles up everything near you one item at a time.

All I’m asking for is a similar function on keyboard.

Spoilsport

Just imagined making two steps and “I am full”, “I am full”, “I am full”, “I am full”.

1 Like