Aura of Decay Auto-casting Soul Feast for No Mana Cost

Not sure if this is bug or WAI, however the skill node description for Feast of Souls in Aura of Decay does not mention that Soul Feast will be casted for no mana cost so I expected it to cost the standard amount of mana per cast even when done by Aura of Day. However instead Soul Feast costs zero Mana as can be seen in this short video. It should ordinarily cost 46 mana for me currently. Soul Feast Not Costing Mana When Cast By Aura of Decay

Most of the time, skill procs don’t cost mana unless they say it does. But it’s not entirely consistent.

Yeah that’s basically what I’m seeking clarification and/or calling discovery to if this isn’t intended. If it’s intended that’s just fine, but at least, it seemed in other cases it was mentioned in the tooltip the skill would not cost mana edit: Misread your reply first time. I see, maybe I’ve had sample bias and assumed I was looking at the norm. Well I’ll wait just in case.

This is intentional. We are still discussing how to approach skill interactions like these for the future. There are inconsistences that create confusion which we want to possibility homogenize at a later date.

Thanks for the report.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.