Address the font style/format issues with smaller pieces of text

The small serif fonts in stash tab names is very hard to read when compared to other aspects of the UI. The same goes for other bits like item descriptions. I understand that the use of Serif-type font is part of the design, but some parts of this style mess up my eyes.

Please refer to the screenshot. Screenshot by Lightshot
Everything is quite legible, but the areas highlighted in red are not so easy to read.

Also, certain letters in the below screenshot seem to have a background fill, it messes up the eyes.

Similar can be seen in the stash tabs.

But, writings in the same/nearly the same size as above, are much more legible without the weird background shading.

So the suggestion here is:

• Remove the weird background effect. Or if it serves a special special purpose, make it more pronounced in a different way. At the very least, consider making the background colour something that has a better contrast with the font colour if you won’t remove the background.
  • Introduce the ability to change font size/type depending on user preference.

The devs will be very busy following the impending full release, and there will be a lot of teething issues to deal with. This is probably on the back burner etc, but it would be good to see an improvement regarding fonts. I can almost guarantee that you’ll see a lot more people moaning about it in the future.

2 Likes

There are countless threads already requesting UI changes like that, or UI scaling.

1.0 will come with UI changes. Mike has already teased a new tooltip for items. I don’t know if UI scaling will come with it or not, but the devs are aware of the issue and working on it.

Nothing will be changed before 1.0 at this point, so these threads are mostly useless until February. Either it will be fixed in 1.0, in which case this thread is irrelevant, or it won’t, in which case that’s when these feedbacks and suggestions will become useful.

1 Like

That’s cool, I just wanted to highlight the issue. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

The first two aren’t meant to look like that, there was a bug (or something similar) that introduced whatever is making it fuzzy.

This has all been updated for 1.0.

4 Likes

Numeric values in character screen are hard to read too

Strange a full release game come with no text scalling options. hard to see all the small text, including chat textand all tooltips.