Abomination - Devour Not Working?

My necromancer has a mana pool of 86 and the skill “Devour” has a cost of 115. As a result, the abomination doesn’t form.

I’ve also checked the character sheet and I’m confused. How do I increase my character’s mana? I don’t get it.

Known issue.

Life & mana increase per character level (6 hp & 0.5 mana per level for the Acolyte), you can

• equip items with +mana affixes (“of the Owl”, mana efficiency might help as well),
  • put points in passives (Mental Cacophony seems to be the only one for Lich),
  • equip some items that have +mana as an implicit (Noble Sash & Burial Plate for Acolyte, Ancient Tome relic & Silver rings),
  • equip a sceptre/staff (-3 spell mana cost implicit),

If you don’t have enough mana to cast it, or if it let’s you cast it at all, it should work as described, not look like it’s working but never spawn. Getting more mana should NOT be the solution to this bug. Why should it take away all your mana if it doesn’t do anything but destroy 5 of your minions?

It’s probably a bit funky because the base skill has the Channelled tag & even through the Devour node removes that tag (or should), maybe the code is still thinking it’s channelled & you don’t have enough mana so it stops?

This does appear to be the case since it acts as though it’s being channeled when you try to use it with Devour allocated.

Yeah, it does consume the minions and looks like its working. But the abomination never fully spawns. They should just get rid of the mana cost increase imo.

Yeah ive noticed some things like this happening when a skill is changed completely. Like with SHaman Earthquake node going from Melee to Spell damage, it doesnt stack with % spell damage for some reason

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.