Abomination and missing Minion Tags Oversight/Bug

The Abomination minion is currently missing many Tags which it should be having. Looking at lastepochtools, the minion is only tagged as Area.

Despite being a primarily melee minion, it does not have the melee tag. This can be confirmed by the new Naal’s teeth unique whose +2 to melee minion skills does not apply.

Despite having Necrotic(Devouring souls and Soul Reave) and Fire(Tail Slam) skills within its skill tree it does not get the Necrotic or Fire tag. This is not consistent with other minions such as the Skeletons which get the Fire/Cold tag via Fire/Ice Arrow nodes or Wolves that get the cold tag via Ice bite node. This can be confirmed by using Apogee (+3 Necrotic minions) with Soul Reave.

Weirdly the Abomination itself does not have the Physical minion tag(despite phys being its base damage), the summoning skill itself counts as a physical skill (despite it doing no damage) while not being a spell, melee, bow or throwing attack. This allows it to get +1 physical skills from Thorn Slinger which should NOT apply to minions (For example it does not apply to physical minions such as Falcon and Spriggan).

I think this skill and minion needs a revamp in its Tags as it is pretty broken right now.

1 Like

Haven’t played my necro lately so hadn’t noticed this. I think they like these types of things in bug reports though.

1 Like

Hi there, as this is actually a bug report can you please post this in Bug Reports - Last Epoch Forums or use the In Game Bug Reporting tool as this attaches very useful data for our team! Thank you!