A Basic Guide on how Loot Filter works and how to set up your own Loot Filter

A follow-up just to let everybody know that I can confirm it actually happens that what you want AllCapped can drop not AllCapped and viceversa.

Oh really? Are you 100% sure?

I am using the emphasize feature ALOT on Idols with my most desired idol affix and sicne idols only have 2 affixes you can already see super quickly if the second affix is desired.
I use that on basically very char and never happend to see a idol drop with those affixes that is NOT emphasized.

When the Issue happend to you, was the item just not capatilized or even not recolored/shown? Since my Endgame Filters are usually super strict i just might missed some drops entirely, which would be a shame.

Yes, I’m sure,

It seems that adding a color to the AllCaps fixes the problem, though.

EDIT: it fixes the problem of the wanted items not being AllCapsed, it does not solve the problem of the random AllCaps.

Yeah, that’s what i thought. The random emphasize is a bit annoying, but it doesn’t hurt your actual looting experience that much.

I would never “just” emphasize certain items anyway, i will always give them a very distinct color. emphasizing is not even necessary, as long as you use enough colors for different things.

Well, my reasoning was this: I emphasize the weapon types I’m looking for, and I colorize the attributes I’m looking for, so that I can see in color the items I can use to extract crafting materials and in colore + caps the weapon types I want that rolled the attributes I want.

Now I see the item types I’m looking for, but I have to check them one by one to see if they also have the attributes I want.

I am not sure if i understood you completely.

If you have 2 different rules for weapon base types and for affixes on those weapons, you will not have any weapon emphasized AND colored.

You need to create one single rule that has recolor AND emphasized with a base type + affix condition.

Other than that i would just use different colors and not solely rely on emphsizing for certain desired things.

Well, I knew only the first rule applies, but I thought they were also devided by type:
the first rule for emphasize, the first rule for recolor, the first rule for hiding.

I’ll have to rethink all my filters…

As soon as an item applies to ANY rule.

It will NOT be checked against any other rule.

But you can work with rules that have multiple conditions, like X Base Type with Y Affix.

Ok, I’ve got an issue with this…

My rules state at the very beginning to show unique items and idols (I added a recolor to see if it solved the issue but it didn’t)

At the bottom I say to hide items with an iLvl < 60

Well, the bottom rule overrides the top one…

Edit: I might add they also don’t get recolored… it’s as if the first rule gets completely ignored.

Just by seeing the rules i can only guess.

Your first rule seems to be a multiple condition rule: Item Rarity: Unique, Set, Exalted + Item Type: Idol

If you put multiple conditions in a rule an Item must match all conditions.

So you need to split the rule into 2 seperate rules.
One rule for Item Rarity and one rule for item types.

You’re saying to split the rarity and the idols, not that each rarity needs its own rule, right?
Tomorrow I’ll give it a go.

Thanks.

Yes.

To make you understand why your first rule is not working at all: It will only match Idols with an rarity of Unique/Set/Exalted, which do not exist in the first place.

And since none of the other rules, except the level requirement rule match with the unique and idol, that one hides them, when activated.

You need one rule to recolor/show Unique/Set/Exalted
And another rule to recolor/show the types of idols you want to see.

I tried it and it worked, I obviously did not understand the AND/OR relationships between the rules.

You mean conditions C=

All conditions within one given rule are AND

But glad it worked.

hm, I might have made a mistake in the translation… ops :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Reading your guide and looking at the example, I’m a little confused as to how the hide works for class specific items with the ordering. I would expect this rule to hide idols not specific to my class, yet I can see them. Also in your example, does the hide rule take precedent over the recolour rule for other class specific items?

This sounds strange.

You did use the example filter provided by me in the OP?

I created this guide before rogue was released, mabye you only see rogue specific idols? Those are not included in the hide rule, since it only hides Acolyte, Primalist and Mage specific items.
Also the 1 and 2 slot idols are not class specific, if you maybe refering to them still being shown.

Yes, since the hide rule is above the recolor rules, every item that gets hidden by the hide rule will not get matched against any rule below that.

If you still having issues or something is not clear, just try to give me some more detailed explanation and we will figure it out.

You did use the example filter provided by me in the OP?

So I made a dumb mistake. Playing a rogue, and only have sentinel idols in my stash, I tested with that. Not connecting the dots that your filter was for showing sentinel items.

If you still having issues or something is not clear, just try to give me some more detailed explanation and we will figure it out.

I’d like to make sure I understand the point of the example. Rule 3 hides all items that are marked or acolyte and other classes. Rules 7 and 8 recolour items from other classes for collecting purposes. If I want to use rules 7 and 8, should i have to uncheck rule 3?

Ok, glad to hear you could solve your issue.

Regarding the recolor rule for other classes:
You just spotted a major flaw there. We need to rearrange the rule order to make this work properly.

I am genuiely sorry for that! This is actually really embarassing.

Sadly i can’t change the OP currently, because of the new forums restriction, hopefully i will be able to do that soon.

This is how it should look like:

https://imgur.com/HoCLBgd

Here is the new xml file for that changed filter!

Example Filter.xml (17.1 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.