200 Minion Necromancer "Hell's Army" Build 0.8.1c

Welcome to the community!

glad your enjoying the build :slight_smile:

Some things that you can do to help you survive

• change your 2 2x1 idols into 1x2 idols with FLat health + increased health
  • gain 11% more critical strike avoidance, 100% is really necessary you have 89%
  • Get your endurance up to 60% DR that extra 36% DR your missing at your curent 413 threshold would count as an extra 150 EHP (you can get this done with just 2 more suffix)
  • on spirits of fire timeline change your fire resistance to an empower version of Endurance then you wont have to sacrifice 1 or 2 suffixed
  • on the black sun timeline you have dodge, flat health would be better there as it raised your EHP in 2 ways, 1 your maximum health and 2 your endurance threshold.

Thats about all i see off the top other than obviously getting higher tiers on gear :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you so much!

Hello, I’m new here. I had been playing with an acolyte/necromancer build for a long while and thought I’d check out some of the builds people use on YouTube. I came across your video and wanted to give your build a try, but because the “Drain Life” skill is in the “Lich” mastery tree, I couldn’t put points into it. By this time, i had already de-specialized one skill I was using (golem) and some useful spell to start using “Dread Shade”. So for Mana, I have been using “Rip Blood” to hit enemies (instead of my minions) in place of “Drain Life”.
It just dawned on me that I MIGHT be missing something. I recently started playing Titan Quest again with a few friends and I hadn’t played it since the base game first came out. That game has “dual masteries” in it now (I don’t remember if it did before), and I was wondering, does Last Epoch ALSO have “Dual Masteries”…? Will I be able to put points into the Lich tree’s skills and keep my necromancer pets that I already have? -Because I just made an alt to try playing an acolyte/Lich, but I really don’t want to play an alt just yet when I am not even finished with my first playthrough on my first character. lol

You can put points into the bottom half of lich yes

Ah, nice. Thanks.^^

Is dreadshade a better option over the 60% minion damage and bone armor from transplant?
That’s what I’m currently using on this build to help with mobility and survivability.

I’m loving this build.

1 Like

“Better” is relative to what you need.

Movement equals greater survivability which can be better than more damage
Dreadshade offers ALOT of attack speed and damage for you minions it can also give you massive amounts of flat ARMOR based on your INT which can increase your survivability.

So just whichever you feel better using works.

1 Like

Attack speed from dreadshade I think would be more important once I get the ignite chance unique weapon, since it’ll stack faster and higher now that I’m thinking of it.

Currently running a 2h sword with 200% minion spell dam, and 210% minion damage over time.

The massive armor from that and that passive per minion synergy is great now that I’m thinking about it. I’ll have to mess with it once I can get my skills to 20 :stuck_out_tongue:

I need to decrease the res cause even witha 3080 95+ wraiths makes it a bright slideshow lmfao at 4k.

Can’t wait for next week for the suicide zombies, going to try seeing if/how this build can scale with them instead of wraiths!

1 Like

Messed around with some passives and gear to get 140+% bleed chance on minion hit, as well as swapped out skelly archers(keeping mages since every attack is fire) for Aura of decay for 100% poison chance on hit, with the slow/chill stacks.
Effectively each hit from a minion (should)add 3-4+ dots and the nice thing about this, the poison stacks increase it’s effectiveness without taking the frames as much as putrid wraiths would do.

The additional life regen on minions in the aura area is just a bonus as well for keeping wraiths around.

Seems to melt a bit faster on trash, and be more consistent with bosses.

Can’t wait to get home from work to test the new patch.

Flex… Seriously tho… would be interesting to see after the patch if there is any performance change for you - they are doing a lot to minions and it would be great if the side effect was better performance… Please let us know if you can…

Will do! One thing that helped was setting the preset to low, and res at 1440p while removing damage number and minion health bars.

I’m actually getting solid frames with 120 minions at all times with some dips with a lot of aoes hitting minions. Try that out if you’re having issues!

Thanks… Those settings are pretty much a given at the moment so it would be great to see if you get improvements…

Unfortunately you are experiencing those godlike fps that us lowly previous gen GPUs can only dream of but it would be very interesting to see if 0.8.2. makes any difference on decent hardware or if there is still a bottleneck in the minion performance somewhere…

Think it’s a limitation on how the engine calculates procs, mostly if I run into frame issues it’s from a ice AOE that hits minions, since it’s proccing all the different modifiers anywhere from 20-100+ times in less than a second on top of all the other attacks and visuals going on at once it creates a cpu spike.

I currently have a 3900x at 4.375ghz all threads but from perf graphs I’m still not entirely sure if I’m hitting a cpu bottleneck. But that’s what I’m thinking.

Definitely CPU on the procs issue - no doubt… I’ve seen the same on much older/less capable system and I have the same doubts as it doesnt seem (to me at least) that LE is scaling to use the available CPU properly even when its spiking like it does. and thats not even going into multicores etc. I am pretty sure that there is a lot still to be done on the optimisation side…

Anyway… 6h to go… :mantelpiece_clock:

To be honest, I don’t think they planned for us to make use of 100+ minions :stuck_out_tongue:
8 hours for me till I can head home, going stir crazy.

Currently on average when running around or engaging bosses while kiting about 45-60%(at best) of the minions are actually doing anything. This is going to be a huge update for us minion masochists.

Explosion suicide boys is going to tank frames further but man, I can’t wait to have 100+ of those bad boys leaping on to a boss at once.

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t expect you to see much of an improvement until they either make the game more cpu-friendly (ie, optimise the bejesus out of it) or move to multiplayer & the server handles all of that stuff.

a) I don’t think it will & b) the skill is capped at 6 Zombies per the screenshots they showed us in the reveal.

Oh I must have missed that, if that’s the case I hope they have high damage.
Maybe there’s be a similar node, where you can have as many as you want but the life degrades much faster or something along those lines. If not, kinda disappointing since it’d be a stop and summon → kite → stop → summon → etc without signficiant damage(it is a good way to generate corpses though for other synergies).

Either way, still want to try them out and have fun with it!

Can only say LOL for this build, just watching it, seems that is a build that wasn´t designed for the game, 200 minions on the screen. Probably will try this after i get the unique itens, will keep using the cryo skeleton build and change it later.

Love this guides, very good for new players and have some fun builds aswell.

1 Like

greetings, which skill would you drop for Transplant if you wanted more mobility? thanks.