[1.0] Heavy'z Casual Loot Filters for all Classes v4

The Loot Filter in LE is just so easily adjustable “on-the-fly”, just create a base foundation.

And when you play and see items that you have NO interest in, just ask yourself:“What could I do, to not show this Item anympoe, witchout hiding too much stuff”.

Step One: Hide Item base Types, you have absolutely no Interest in using (low level base and if you don’t want to collect gear for alts you can even hide entire Item Groups, like Wands, Shields, Catalysts etc.)

If you put your Unique/Set/Exalted Rule at the very top, you don’t even need to fear missing out on those.

1 Like

Yea I think I just need a good solid base foundation to build off of, I’ve found a couple of “templates” on YouTube that I might try out, or at least use to get a general understanding.

My ultimate goal is to make a “Harvest Melee Lich” that focuses on life on hit and attack speed and since there are no premade loot filters I can find for that type of build it might just be the drive I need to crate my own.

I’m just gonna make a file on my browser and throw links to whatever I can find guide related to loot filters and then just make a few days of it trying to figure it all out. Might even delete my current characters, stash, etc. and basically start fresh with all the knowledge I’ve gained so far.

Have to say also this community has been amazing, guys like you and Boardman, as well as all the others are really the best guys I’ve ever seen in any game and I’m getting pretty old now and have played a lot of games haha

1 Like

Excuse me? :smiley:
Please don’t tell me that playstyle is going mainstream now :imp:

I don’t focus on attack speed that much, but a Melee Harvest Crit Low Health Lich is my strongest and Main Character xD (This build is capable of doing 400-500 Corruption Monolith)

If you are intersted in it, but this is a REALLY strict endgame loot filter, you probably want to reverse engineer that into something more basic:

For Reference, this is the character it is made for:
Lich, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.2i) - Last Epoch Build Planner (lastepochtools.com)

Pastebin and XML filre (whatever you prefer):
Melee Lich Strict - Pastebin.com
Melee Lich Strict.xml (37.1 KB)

1 Like

It’s definitely far from mainstream but when I saw Lich my first instinct was for it to be a melee character, and yea low life crit makes a lot of sense. I’m still unfamiliar with the game’s mechanics so attack speed may not be very good. I appreciate you sharing your build though I’ll be happy to cannibalize it and see what I can make work for myself, low life crit is something I’d be willing to play also. I honestly just wanna be a melee reaper.

1 Like

But back on the topic of filters, I think my ultimate goal is to have my own templates made and have them be something like this: Early Game > Mid Game > End Game > Super Strict End Game so basically 4 filter types for each character where I can just kind of plug in what I need into each of them such as base types, affixes, etc. or however I would go about doing that. Is this something that would be possible and how much hair would I lose trying to set this up? I don’t have much hair left.

1 Like

If you want to make it character/build specific, this is very doable.

Once you established a prefered template, making mroe and more for different characters will definitely become easier.

So i guess putting some thought into it for the first character will pay off.

You can also dm me on discord if you want, and we can try and work something out: Heavy#0351 (but now i need to sleep, midnight here already)

1 Like

Cool, I think I might just use Bina’s template as a base, it seems to be just what I was looking for to start out and use to customize a bit. Thanks again for your help!

For me it is a general start-late game template with
show unique/set/exalted
recolour shatter affix
recolour good idols
hide wrong class
hide wrong weapon(change when making new)
hide outdated weapon(change while levelling, requires only a few seconds each change)
recolor affixes(change when making new, can change while levelling by increasing tier requirement
hide everything else

If I reach late game and only the absolute best is good enough THEN i manually add in rules for near perfect affixes for each item slot. I don’t have a filter specifically set out for endgame for this reason.

Here is a link to an example of my advanced filters (after I get to my Mastery class):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sf0bQTU8TtMw5WE6YlmvR17HNokKCJqn/view?usp=sharing

Here is the file:
LichItemFilter.txt (36.4 KB)

I also have a lowbie filter I use that just highlights Void and Physical resist on all items (what you need in the early areas), and then all resists, and then boots with speed. And it hides Normal items. That’s it for lowbies, because you need a lot more when starting off.

Hey I was wondering if these are still valid since its from Oct of last year. I am playing a Rouge/Marksman’s also wanted to know if this list includes items that have Procs when skills are used etc. and if it does will it show items that have procs for other classes as well since some of these are pretty rare to find.

1 Like

Hey there,

if you noticed the game version in the Thread Title, which I keep udpated, yes this is still valid.
The thread itself is from when the loot fitler was implemented, but I kept updating it.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by that, because there are no regular affixes that can proc things or skills like the way you describe.

But my filter can specifically show stuff for other classes (in another color coding, to make them distinct)

Thx for the speedy reply I will have to find and example of what I was trying to explain later on I confuse myself sometimes.

But my filter can specifically show stuff for other classes (in another color coding, to make them distinct)

So does that means its already activated in your loot filter or do I have to enable it?
Thx for taking the time to make all these Filters your helping a lot of people out.

Everything you asked is explained in my OP.

Please consider reading through it.

But if you are really lazy here is the most relevant part:

TL:DR: You have to actively tick the rules you want for those thigns you asked.

Thx I did read most of it I was just a bit confused about a few things I am pretty new to loot filters thanks for the help its appreciated.

No worries, if you still have questions, just feel free to ask.

I don’t wanted to sound like i don’t want to answer your questions, it’s just that i have all the information in the OP.

But don’t feel discouraged to ask more questions!

1 Like

Naw its cool man no worries. I will defiantly keep it in mind I am sure things will change also with the new tier of items in the future. Item Procs would be cool but it can become a balancing nightmare as well little by little they have been doing pretty good job so far. :smiley:

Thank you for putting these together. Couple of random questions:

1. Can I filter by Implicits on the items? I can’t seem to find it when I am customizing the filter.
  2. Can I copy the settings from one Rule to another Rule? Another thing I can’t seem to do.
  3. Do any high level rings/amulets drop? I was trying to filter out low level ones, but noticed that I ended up not finding any for quite sometime.
1 Like

Hey there,

There is currently no functionality for both of those.

But they are both pretty frequently requested and i assume it’s just a matter of time until it get’s implemented.

I am not sure what you mean. In Last Epoch you cannot judge items by they level, there are quite a few item slots, where even “low/medium” level base types are completely endgame viable.

Just to give you an idea, here are all base ring types:
https://imgur.com/gOYRJfy

Even rings that are level 14 (Crit), Level 25 (Ele Resistance) and 35 (Minion Stats) are super desiable.

So generally i would not try to filter by level in LE.

There is also no “Item Level” in LE, the level of items is just the equippable level and the base item type level says, when it can start to drop. (When the area level is at least equal to that)

1 Like

Thank you Heavy.

I was making the assumption that item level affected the Implicit rolls (like POE does), hence why I was trying to filter out low level rings/amulets. Knowing that isn’t the case now, I need to make some further adjustments.

1 Like

I have another question I was reading trough your post again and I am wondering what this means?
Put both of those rules at the very top of your Loot Filter (if you are not interested in collecting gear for alts, otherwise put it below the recolor rules)

So what I am wondering is how the order of Filters affect how the the Loot filter works? Do they need to be a certain order?

Also a question about Shattering if it hides items not for my class wouldn’t I miss out on items that are good for Shattering for other classes.