[1.0] Heavy'z Casual Loot Filters for all Classes v4

Oh wait, now i know what affix oyu are looking for.

The Affix you are looking for is called “Shared Cold Damage”, those “sahred” Affixes are affixes and grant you AND your minions X type of damage.

It is vital, if you are choosing the affix condition to choose an affix under the Idols Category.

Because there are alot of affixes that do exist as “Gear Affixes” AND “Idols Affixes”, but they are seprate affixes.

Here is the affix you are looking for:

https://imgur.com/2XmH8iC

2 Likes

Thank you very much, it works fine :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey Heavy, just curious how up to date these currently are and if you plan to maintain them in the future with the new bases coming, etc? I’ve always sucked at making loot filters and was hoping I could wrap my head around it in Last Epoch but I just can’t wrap my head around it no matter how many guides I watch and read, so these are perfect for me. Thanks.

Haha, that’s fine.

That’s the reason i made those filters. But maybe you can do your own stuff at some point C=

Abso-freakin’-lutely. I have not updated the hotfix version numbers, since there where no major changes, in hindsight i probably should have. Will do it on the next patch, even though if nothing changes.

The filter is completely working for the current version 082i

2 Likes

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I would probably try to create my own again if I could find a good detailed step by step guide on creating one. There’s some good general guides out there but I need my hand held I think, unfortunately.

I’m a big fan of Boardman’s style where he makes them so you can modify them as you level and you just untick the lower leveled recolors (green for levels 1-20, blue for levels 20-40 and so on) as you go but those are limited based on his build guides, would be nice to have a mix between your style where it shows all things generally useful to your current class but also where you could untick and hide lower level items as you level.

A “blank” filter where all the complicated work is done and all you need to do is put in which affixes you need per piece of gear or something along those lines would be amazing as well. I understand the general settings but I lack confidence in making my own due to my lack of game knowledge but it would be easy to look up “Which stats does a poison based Lich build need?” and plug those in rather than build something from the ground up.

Again I appreciate so much for what you’ve done with the current filters, really saving me a lot of headaches sorting through gear.

1 Like

Not sure if you already checked out my written guide here in the LE Forum:

It is decently outdated and lacks the new functionality to fitler with multiple affixes and affix pools, but it’s still very valid.

The problem with LE’s itemisation and crafting is: Items drop identified (contrary to poE), so the loot filter is 100% deterministic and not predictive.

So every loot filter basically needs to be handmade for your specific build.

The foundation of my loot filter was the hardest thing to make, since I needed to make it as generic as possible, while still filtering enough stuff to be worthwhile using.

I can’t thank you and everyone else using my Filter enough.

I really do appreciate all the love and support.

You guys are absolute madlads:
https://imgur.com/yFZxZ6x

Over 50k unique viewers already. (And that’s not even counting in the People using the XML Files)

If you are intersted you could stop by, when I am streaming and i could try to explain some stuff to you, or help you get a basic foundational filter for a specific build you want to play live on stream.

I really do like to explain stuff on stream, that’s one of the reasons why i started streaming.

Maybe you can stop by at some point:
Heavy_GamingTV - Twitch
I am streaming Wednesday + Saturday 8pm UTC+2 (and probably more non-schedueled stream when 083 drops)

2 Likes

Definitely, I’ll give all of that a look and try my best to catch you on stream. Thanks so much, I might just take the next few days trying to learn how to make filters properly rather than actually playing since I know it’s going to be pretty vital moving forward. My main is already 90 so that’s my next big task to make sure my time playing isn’t wasted looking at junk.

I honestly haven’t even given it a good go and that’s probably due to PoE being such a pain in the ass to make filters for that when I see a bunch of boxes to tick I just go “oh man, no thanks” :joy:

1 Like

The Loot Filter in LE is just so easily adjustable “on-the-fly”, just create a base foundation.

And when you play and see items that you have NO interest in, just ask yourself:“What could I do, to not show this Item anympoe, witchout hiding too much stuff”.

Step One: Hide Item base Types, you have absolutely no Interest in using (low level base and if you don’t want to collect gear for alts you can even hide entire Item Groups, like Wands, Shields, Catalysts etc.)

If you put your Unique/Set/Exalted Rule at the very top, you don’t even need to fear missing out on those.

1 Like

Yea I think I just need a good solid base foundation to build off of, I’ve found a couple of “templates” on YouTube that I might try out, or at least use to get a general understanding.

My ultimate goal is to make a “Harvest Melee Lich” that focuses on life on hit and attack speed and since there are no premade loot filters I can find for that type of build it might just be the drive I need to crate my own.

I’m just gonna make a file on my browser and throw links to whatever I can find guide related to loot filters and then just make a few days of it trying to figure it all out. Might even delete my current characters, stash, etc. and basically start fresh with all the knowledge I’ve gained so far.

Have to say also this community has been amazing, guys like you and Boardman, as well as all the others are really the best guys I’ve ever seen in any game and I’m getting pretty old now and have played a lot of games haha

1 Like

Excuse me? :smiley:
Please don’t tell me that playstyle is going mainstream now :imp:

I don’t focus on attack speed that much, but a Melee Harvest Crit Low Health Lich is my strongest and Main Character xD (This build is capable of doing 400-500 Corruption Monolith)

If you are intersted in it, but this is a REALLY strict endgame loot filter, you probably want to reverse engineer that into something more basic:

For Reference, this is the character it is made for:
Lich, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.2i) - Last Epoch Build Planner (lastepochtools.com)

Pastebin and XML filre (whatever you prefer):
Melee Lich Strict - Pastebin.com
Melee Lich Strict.xml (37.1 KB)

1 Like

It’s definitely far from mainstream but when I saw Lich my first instinct was for it to be a melee character, and yea low life crit makes a lot of sense. I’m still unfamiliar with the game’s mechanics so attack speed may not be very good. I appreciate you sharing your build though I’ll be happy to cannibalize it and see what I can make work for myself, low life crit is something I’d be willing to play also. I honestly just wanna be a melee reaper.

1 Like

But back on the topic of filters, I think my ultimate goal is to have my own templates made and have them be something like this: Early Game > Mid Game > End Game > Super Strict End Game so basically 4 filter types for each character where I can just kind of plug in what I need into each of them such as base types, affixes, etc. or however I would go about doing that. Is this something that would be possible and how much hair would I lose trying to set this up? I don’t have much hair left.

1 Like

If you want to make it character/build specific, this is very doable.

Once you established a prefered template, making mroe and more for different characters will definitely become easier.

So i guess putting some thought into it for the first character will pay off.

You can also dm me on discord if you want, and we can try and work something out: Heavy#0351 (but now i need to sleep, midnight here already)

1 Like

Cool, I think I might just use Bina’s template as a base, it seems to be just what I was looking for to start out and use to customize a bit. Thanks again for your help!

For me it is a general start-late game template with
show unique/set/exalted
recolour shatter affix
recolour good idols
hide wrong class
hide wrong weapon(change when making new)
hide outdated weapon(change while levelling, requires only a few seconds each change)
recolor affixes(change when making new, can change while levelling by increasing tier requirement
hide everything else

If I reach late game and only the absolute best is good enough THEN i manually add in rules for near perfect affixes for each item slot. I don’t have a filter specifically set out for endgame for this reason.

Here is a link to an example of my advanced filters (after I get to my Mastery class):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sf0bQTU8TtMw5WE6YlmvR17HNokKCJqn/view?usp=sharing

Here is the file:
LichItemFilter.txt (36.4 KB)

I also have a lowbie filter I use that just highlights Void and Physical resist on all items (what you need in the early areas), and then all resists, and then boots with speed. And it hides Normal items. That’s it for lowbies, because you need a lot more when starting off.

Hey I was wondering if these are still valid since its from Oct of last year. I am playing a Rouge/Marksman’s also wanted to know if this list includes items that have Procs when skills are used etc. and if it does will it show items that have procs for other classes as well since some of these are pretty rare to find.

1 Like

Hey there,

if you noticed the game version in the Thread Title, which I keep udpated, yes this is still valid.
The thread itself is from when the loot fitler was implemented, but I kept updating it.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by that, because there are no regular affixes that can proc things or skills like the way you describe.

But my filter can specifically show stuff for other classes (in another color coding, to make them distinct)

Thx for the speedy reply I will have to find and example of what I was trying to explain later on I confuse myself sometimes.

But my filter can specifically show stuff for other classes (in another color coding, to make them distinct)

So does that means its already activated in your loot filter or do I have to enable it?
Thx for taking the time to make all these Filters your helping a lot of people out.

Everything you asked is explained in my OP.

Please consider reading through it.

But if you are really lazy here is the most relevant part:

TL:DR: You have to actively tick the rules you want for those thigns you asked.