[0.9.0i] Forge Guard - Forge Strike's Shrapnel node acting up

Forge Strike’s node ‘Shrapnel’ has a trigger called Fire Burst which goes off once a forged weapon expires. I suspect that its scaling is broken since the resulting damage dealt by the explosion is MUCH less than said forged weapon’s normal attack. If it’s intended to be this way, then there’s no point in speccing into this node at all.

Debug files are attached below.

DxDiag.txt (121.7 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (502 Bytes)
Player.log (550.3 KB)
Player-prev.log (175.4 KB)

I’m gonna move this to feedback, which is fair feedback. It’s a separate ability when they explode that likely scales off minion spell damage rather than melee damage.

Is it possible to also take a look at Ring of Shields ability scaling? Ring of Shields also has 2 nodes(Immolation and Collateral Damage) that scales off minion spell damage, which is extremely rare for Forge Guard. Only 1 item in the game available to Forge Guard does that.

Looking at it, I can’t help but feel that FG is all over the place. It wants to be everything at once: melee, thrown, tank, caster, potion brewer, STR, DEX, ATT, INT, you name it. Even internal scalings are at odds with each other. Wish I could do more than just provide feedback to make the mastery better.

2 Likes

I think FG’s exclusive skill, Smelter’s Wrath, is a good example. It is a melee skill that scales off STR with a spell node that scales off INT and a throwing attack node that scales off DEX. I can’t help but wonder if people actually use those nodes.

Subskills inherit the attribute scaling bonus from the patent skill, they don’t have attribute scaling themselves. So if you had 10 str, that spell and throwing attack proc would inherit +40% increased damage (due to your str), they woildnt calculate their own attribute scaling based on the tag and however much you had of the relevant stat.

I see. That is something I didn’t know. Still, those subskill aren’t melee attack, so I assume they don’t inherit melee flat damage from Smelter’s Wrath, right?

Another thing is that, the throwing attack subskill node in Smelter’s Wrath has a node that grants the subskill more damage based on DEX, so I think the developers who made this node want player to build DEX if player want to use this subskill.

Effectively, that is correct. They could be inheriting the flat melee damage but because they don’t have the melee tag it does nothing…

But that’s what I said doesn’t happen. The dubskill doesn’t inherit the str/dex stats the calculate any % increased damage, based on its own tags, it inherits the % increased damage bonus that the main skill had based on the main skill’s tags. This is why ailments, that don’t have any attribute tags, can inherit the 4% increased damage per attribute bonus from the applying skill.

@yles9056 is talking about the node that explicitly states “deals more damage per point if Dexterity”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.