[1.0] Heavy'z Casual Loot Filters for all Classes v4

So the entire section with all the show/hide rules for weapons is really convoluted, because I wanted to make it extra save, in case a patch changes base types or lvl requirements etc.

Now after they reworked most of the weapons I might need to adjust those ules a little bit, but there are still catalysts to be reworked though.

There were some weapon types in the game, that had jumps from 30 level between base types, that’s why the range is so high.

If Catalysts get reworked as well I might adjust the lvl range a little bit, because the new spacing between weapon types is a lot better and smaller already.

Generally speaking you only want the most recent basetype, that somewhat fits your build.

And btw: Welcome to the LE Community!

Thank you for the reply – and the great filter! I also noticed your filter guide so have been making other adjustments. I’m feeling good about tightening that rule up since I’m already hiding catalysts.

v2.6 (22.10.21)

• Added all new class specific Affixes for Primalist and Rogue to accommodate for the Patch 0.8.4e changes
  • Adjusted all optional recoloring rules for other classes to also show all new affixes (I also missed some of the new Patch 083 affixes in those)

I been using this lootfilter from lich guide

Its perfect lootfilter for this class very detailed

Not gonna lie I spent about 2 hours trying to work it out, I got a bit confused with the set up of the loot filter. But I am a humble fool. I downloaded it, and reading the quote here created a Hide Rule and Recolour rule, and set some custom affix. But further into the setup seeing items I thought were ruled out, I just noticed there already is a Hide all rule, and a recolour one at the bottom. Should we be using these and moving them to the top for stricter rules? I noticed recolour works like a ‘show’ as well.

Easy steps to make this loot filter fit your specific build better (step by step images attached)

• Add “Hide Rule” for all Weapon categories, you definitely do not want to use (e.g. Wands + Catalyst)
  • Recolor all important affixes for your build (like all minion affixes or certain damage types) :warning:If you want to keep the filter strict, while still highlighting/recoloring these desired affixes, you should put this rule at the very bottom, that way only base items that didn’t get filtered are recolored :warning:
  • Put both of those rules at the very top of your Loot Filter (if you are not interested in collecting gear for alts, otherwise put it below the reclor rules)

Also I am not wanting to see Longsword, Sceptres or anything hidden by the weapon rule so should I turn off:

• Show LVL20 Below Char Weapons (Until 60)
  • Show LVL40 Below Char Weapons (From 61)
  • Show Highest Usable Weapon Bases

Thanks again!

First and foremost: Welcome to the LE Forum!

Thanks for your feedback.

For making the loot filter stricter for weapons my already pre-existing weapon rules interfere with other rules very easily If you don’t place them carefully at the right spot.
I think my explanation might not be sufficient here.

For everything that is not a weapon my description still is valid, but for weapons you really can’t recolour specific bases, because my pre-existing hide rules interfere with them and make them not work if you don’t put them at the very top.

Recolour act as show rule is a good observation and I actually do explain this in my other guide, but missed to mention it here.

The 4 pre-existing rules for weapons come from a very old time and basically are made extra redundant and save, because base types were spread out across HUGE level ranges.
This is no longer the case, with the exception of Off-Hand Catalysts (the last Weapon Type still due to being overhauled).

I should overhaul those rules, so recolouring or hiding specific weapons is easier for you guys.

I will try and work something out without changing the base structure of my filter.
Might take me a few days, because I don’t have much time right now.

I hope you have figured out something that works for you.
If you have questions and can’t figure out how to make it work, so you are statisfied feel free to share you loot filter and I will give you a specific suggestions.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers

Just wanted to refrwsh this thread so it doesn’t get closed for future editing :pensive:

3 Likes

Just wanted to drop my own thank you for the work you’ve done to make my gaming experience better. Pretty busy life so the time this saved me is fantastic. Keep up the great stuff Heavy!!

2 Likes

I updated my loot filter to version 0.8.5

v2.7 (19.03.22)

Significant changes to Weapon Base Type Filter, since every single base type now has multiple viable endgame base types.

• During early game (up to Lvl 50) all weapons 20 levels below the character level will be hidden. This is not 100% optimal, but the best thing I could do without getting to specific, which would bring me over 75 total rules.

• Certain Weapon Categories start hidding low level base types, once the first “endgame viable” basetypes start dropping. Most of these rules start at ~ Lvl 50-55.

2 Likes

v2.8 (27.03.22)

• Adjusted Hiding for low level weapons for a better early- to mid-level experience
1 Like

Hey, I have a request for something that could be tedious to do, but immensely useful to anyone running the loot filter.

Not all affixes are created equal in rarity, especially class specific ones. Some are very valuable to shatter and very easy to miss. You can make a list of all rare affixes and add them as recolor to every loot filter.

Here is a list where you can sort by rarity. I am not sure LE tools has similar sorting option.

Hope it is possible to automate it somehow via copy-paste off that list :slight_smile:

I already achieved that in some capacity with having optional recolor rules for class-specific affixes (which are generally a lot rarer than a lot of the regular shards).

I get what you want to achieve and it is definitely possible.

I could see adding one more rule for generically useful affixes that are rare.
But there are also some affixes, that are rare, but not particularly useful for a lot of builds.
And since my loot filter already is very generic and not very strict I wanted to stay away from too many somewhat redundant rules.

I need to think about ithank you for the feedback anyway.

I think it can be easily added by having a different recoloring for super rare affixes. Say rarity above 75.

They drop so rarely that even the ones that are not immediately useful are most likely worth shattering. You won’t see them that often anyways. And from there players can customize further by just removing them from the list. Its much faster and easier to remove an item than to add multiple entries.

It doesn’t work for me sadly. Tried the mage one. :frowning:

Heavy may need a little more info if you are expecting him to fix whatever “doesnt work for you”…

1 Like

Welcome to the LE Forum Nevermindy!

What exactly doesn’t work? Which method of adding the loot filter did you use? Pastebin or XML file?

I am sure we will be able to figure out, what’s wrong :smiling_imp:

Great to be here and sorry that i didn’t provide any details :slight_smile:
I tried both Pastebin and XML for the Mage filter. The game always throwing this error as soon as im trying to turn on the filter :
“Could not load the selected filter!” Image of the error in chat

Ok, that is an issue I have never encountered or heard anybody talk about encountering.

Have you tried the other fitlers as well? Do they all have the same issue?
Do you use steam? If yes, have you tried repairing your game files?

I don’t have any experience with this issue, so I don’t know where to start.

I’ve tried using filter from lastepochtool planner. It works fine . Also had some old filters which are also working. I tried to delete your filter and add from scratch , but no success.
Also relaunched the game several times just in case - still getting this error :frowning:

I’m using steam. Tried to repair the game, all the files were clean.

Did you tried my filters for different classes as well? I jsut want to figure out if the Mage Filter in particular causes the issue for you