[1.0] Heavy'z Casual Loot Filters for all Classes v4

So basically, in one of my first iteration i had literally all rogue-specific weapons recoloured, but thats waaaaaaaaay too much.

It’s really hard to recolours stuff, without showing too much, so i decided to only show 3 bases for daggers and 3 bases for bows with the “Recolor Bow Endgame Bases” and “Recolor Dagger Endgame Bases”.

Quivers are all endgame viable, but showing all of them is way too much and there are very build specific, so i excluded them and you can tick “Recolor (New Items!) All Bows, Quivers & Daggers”, to see the highest bases for your level.

But you Sir indeed made me double check everything and i had one flaw in my filter hiding more quivers than intended.

TLDR: You will only see the highest usable Quiver. And the 3 highest Daggers and Bows.

I fixed a few rules now, to show slightly more quivers, namely the 20lvl and 30 lvl below character level, did not included quivers for some reason (i forgot to add quivers to those rules).

Thank you Sir. I will update the OP with the new Version

Changelog
v2a (02.04.21) (Rogue only)

• Added Quivers to “Show highest Usable Weapon Bases”, Show ilvl 30 below char weapon", “Show ivl 20 below char weapons” only in the rogue version of the Filter

Thanks to @Hidden

Hey Heavy,

So I’ve gotten to the point where I wanted to start tweaking your filter for my specific build. It was a little more complicated than I thought it would be. I had to create five new filters and disable some of yours. Took a couple of hours of picking stuff up and dropping it, but I think I got what I want.

I’m worried though that my logic might be off, or that the filter might be too strict somewhere and I could miss an important drop or crafting base. I’m basically hiding certain weapon types towards the top of the filter and hiding all magic, rare, and idols at the bottom. Then recoloring around 40 affixes (that’s probably a lot, but wanted to be safe for now and figure I can get stricter later), and putting that on top of those three hide rules.

It’s a filter for a cold based totem/ice thorns shaman. Could you take a look at it and let me know if it’s a bad way of going about this?

Heavy’z CLF Primalist 081 v2.xml (47.5 KB)

Hey Daemys,

so i just looked into your filter.

Looks fine.
I just assume that the affixes you choose are all affix that have some value to you, since i don’t know your build specifics i will just assume you put some thougt into this.

If you are really uncertain just choose a few more affixes, even if they are not “the most optimal” ones, and when you played a little bit and you see that maybe certain items that are getting recoloured are not really interesting for you, you can start making the filter more strict.

There is one thing i would suggest you to do:

1. Split the Idol and Gear affixes, like i did in my filter.
    This is for the reason of making the filter more strict with a affix tier condition.

Not sure if you tried reading my Guide to creating a Loot Filter Guide, but there i explain the same.

I would always split rules for gear and idols, just to make adjustments easier and more precise.

At some point you might only want to show gear that has desired affixes at least T2, 3 , 4 or 5.

But Idols do not have different tiers, they all have Tier 1 Affixes, with big roll ranges.

1. Also you still have the "Show ilvl 30 below char weapons (From Lvl 60+) active.
    It’s below your hide rule for specific weapon types you don’t want to see, but it would still apply to show shields, catalysts, wands and scepters that are within 30 lvls of your character, which means those will not be touched by your recoliur rule.
    Since an item only get’s touched by one single rule and then will not be checked agaisnt any other rule below that.

If you want this rule as a “safety rule”, put it below the affix recolours.

1. One more thing that i was confused, you did not hide shields in your hide rule, but also did not recolours any shield related affixes. You did not recolours any generic defensive affixes or shield specific affixes.
    I would recommend creating a 3rd recolour rule with some of your favorite defenses, including some shield specific ones, like block related stuff.

So i did all the modifications i suggested (except the 3rd rule for defensive affixes) to the filter, please look through this, just to make sure it still recolours all your desired affixes.
Heavy’z CLF Primalist 081 v2 daemys.xml (48.0 KB)

To recapitalize what your filter is doing:
It hides all weapons and off-hands, except Shields, Catalyst, Wands and Scepters
It still hides all base types of armours that are hidden through my base filter
It recolours specific affixes you choose on any item that was not hidden previously
It hides all idols, magic and rare items, that get not touched by any of your recolours rules.

So far this is a solid filter.

You could also think about making more strict hiding rules for all the base types you do want to see, like Wands, Scepters etc.

If you create a hide rule just for Scpters, you can choose subtypes and hide all subtypes of scepter that have no value for you.

That way all scepter that get through the initial hiding and get recoloured by your affix rule, is at least high lvl/a base you desire.

If you have any more questions, just go for it.

Yeah, I pretty much just did the testing of the filter by throwing an inventory worth of stuff on the ground and seeing if the recolors worked correctly. That option did not seem to interfere with recoloring like the other ones I had to disable, so I just left it on. Wasn’t sure if that was the right choice long term or not.

I’m still undecided about whether or not I wanted to go with shield or catalyst (don’t know enough about end game to decide yet), so I left them both on. I seen one useful shield that had freeze multiplier in the base stats, and I also thought that “minion health” recolor would make some shields appear too. I thought about enabling “health” as a defensive stat but I wasn’t sure if that would let too many items through. For the most part, I was thinking I could maybe just ignore most defensive stats in the filter, as I could craft those stats on to filtered items or they would just be secondary/tertiary stats that happened to be on my filtered items anyway. Is that a bad practice for filters?

Yeah, you are pretty much spot on. I had to disable a few of your rules like ilvl one and hide all weapons to get it to work correctly. One of my concerns is that disabling those would cause problems later on. The other concern being I did not have the rules I added in a correct order.

Anyway, thanks once again for your help!

1 Like

Just as a head-up for everyone that didn’t notice, we are getting some more advanced options for the loot filter (hopefully) in the next patch, but since Mike did teaser them already i am sure they are soon to arrive.

Here are the 2 things Mike teasered on the latest Dev Stream:

https://imgur.com/uYlVxFT

https://imgur.com/bRcWFMI

While this will probably not affect my generic class loot filters in this thread that much, i will most likely try to make a more advanced guide than my previous loot filter guide here in the forum.

2 Likes

Another heads-up.

I will rename my filter to version 082 without adding any additional functionality at first, so potential new player will not think that my filter is outdated.

But i will include some minor changes including some of the new functionality asap (within the next days), but it’s nothing that is really necessary to have a functional filter.

Quickly updated to Version 2.1

I huryed up because i am currently streaming.

I will update the version history asap.

Thanks Heavy :+1:

1 Like

So i just finished my stream today, i will update my filter further the coming days and keep you guys updated here.

But for the time being my loot filter is usable and i already included one of the news feature for an opptional rule.

I will also update the desciptions of all teh optional stuff in the OP.

Update:

v2.1 (24.05.21)

• Added a “Recolor all items with total affix tier of 15 or higher rule”

I’m to the game and started a rogue today, I downloaded your filter for rogues and realize that you can all bows/daggers hidden, is it suppose to be like that?

1 Like

No that is not intended and i honestly don’t know how this happend.

I just checked all other classes and daggers were not in any of the show weapon rules.
This was deinitely not the case a few versions ago, i don’t know when this mistake happend to me or if this is a conversion error, when we transitioned from patch 081 to 082.

I fixed all weapon rule for all classes now to show daggers and for rogue it will shows daggers and bows

v2.2 (26.05.21)

• Fixed all show weapon rules to show daggers for all calsses and daggers and bows for rogue
1 Like

Thank you!
Edit: Sorry am I doing something wrong?? I dled your 2.2 and now all weapons are shown (Staffs, axes etc)

Awesome work Heavy!

1 Like

I am not sure what you mean.

My Loot Filter is not hiding anything by default, except very low level base types.

So you will see Staves and Axes and all other weapons.

I do have a section in my OP, how you can quickly make my filter more strict by hiding specific base types you don’t want to use at all.

1 Like

Just a suggestion, but why don’t you put in placeholder filters (unchecked by default) for the build specific filters like you did for the recolors? They would be largely blank filters, except for maybe some basic helpful options and colors, but they would be located in the right place on the list, ready to set up.

Maybe one each for:
Hiding specific weapon/armor types
Hiding specific idols
Hiding undesired rarities
Showing desired offensive affixes
Showing desired defensive affixes
Showing desired idol affixes

Not sure all those would be workable, but you get the idea. By having those as placeholders in the correct order on the filter list, players (especially new players) could be confident they are not unintentionally hiding stuff by accident. It would also let them visualize the whole process a bit easier.

It would help players set up optional build specific filters when they are ready to, similar to how I set mine up several posts above, but in a more streamlined and correct way.

I really do like your suggestion.

I will experiment a little bit and see if i can settle on something.
The only fear i have, is to make the whole loot filter unnecessary overloaded.

But if i would want to do this, i would want to make it very detailed.

If i am going to do something like this, i would maybe do a seperate version for each class, like an “advanced pre setup filter”

But this will be very hard to do properly.

Loot filters in LE need to be so build specific, that it’s very hard to come up with a universal solution.

Thanks for your input anyway!

Heavy, is there a way you can update the loot filters to highlight the new ring types, or is that too much work? I like the style of your filters over others I used, and made myself. Thank you for your contributions.